2021 KTM ELECTRIC BIKES | Grime Bike Journal
KTM has expanded its electrical choices with the inclusion of a KTM-branded Stacyc youth mannequin. Whereas the Stacyc is technically branded as a 2020 mannequin, the 2021 Freeride XC-E electrical motorbike was introduced in addition to the 2021 KTM SX E 5 mini. Under is KTM’s official announcement and knowledge. For KTM’s 2021 gasoline-powered motocross line. click here.
Introducing the 2020 KTM FACTORY REPLICA STACYC 12eDRIVE and 16eDRIVE electrical steadiness bikes. Becoming a member of the superior electrically-powered 2021 KTM SX-E 5 and KTM FREERIDE E-XC, 2020 KTM FACTORY REPLICA STACYCs will improve KTM’s e-mobility lineup and proceed to develop the game of motorcycling.
KTM North America, Inc. is happy to hitch forces with STACYC, Inc. in its mission to create the following era of riders by introducing the 2020 KTM FACTORY REPLICA STACYC 12eDRIVE and 16eDRIVE electrical steadiness bikes. To be offered solely by means of approved KTM sellers, this co-branded enterprise with STACYC helps KTM’s philosophy of rising the game of motorcycling by offering an entry degree two-wheeler to the youngest of riders.
The KTM FACTORY REPLICA STACYC 12eDRIVE is the right selection for little rippers with little or no expertise on a steadiness bike. With 12” wheels and a low 13” seat top, it permits riders to study to push, steadiness or coast with confidence earlier than graduating to the 3-level powered mode. That includes a brand new high-output brushless motor for 2020, the KTM FACTORY REPLICA STACYC 16eDRIVE is the clear selection for barely taller riders or these with extra expertise. It options extra energy, bigger 16” wheels and an elevated 17” seat top. Each fashions provide fast charging and roughly 30-60 minutes of run-time for an distinctive quantity of enjoyable, together with hours of hand-eye coordination, steadiness and out of doors train.
STACYC electrical steadiness bikes provide a novel alternative to share the game of motorcycling with the younger riders of tomorrow. As soon as they’ve mastered steadiness and throttle management and are prepared for a bigger platform, KTM’s electric-powered SX-E 5 is the right subsequent step on their driving journey with adjustable seat top and 6 selectable energy modes. Following a profitable debut in 2020, the KTM SX-E 5 has confirmed to carry upon a wholly new era of aggressive racing, which now begins with the youngest riders beginning out on the KTM FACTORY REPLICA STACYC electrical steadiness bikes to deal with studying the fundamentals earlier than progressing onto a full-sized mini race bike.
On the opposite finish of KTM’s e-mobility line is the full-sized KTM FREERIDE E-XC, a no-limits electrical machine with a strong state-of-the-art brushless electrical motor, zero emissions and the newest KTM PowerPack with enhanced capability. WP suspension helps preserve issues grounded, whereas power recuperation know-how means you’ll spend extra time blasting throughout the hardest terrain in absolute silence. A brand new FORMULA brake system for 2021 options new calipers, grasp cylinders and a bigger rear rotor to carry every part to a managed cease with confidence.
KTM FACTORY REPLICA STACYC 12eDRIVE and 16eDRIVE electrical steadiness bikes and the 2021 KTM SX-E 5 will likely be arriving in sellers this summer time. Search for the 2021 KTM FREERIDE E-XC in sellers this fall.
2021 KTM FREERIDE E-XC
2021 KTM FREERIDE E-XC Highlights
• NEW FORMULA brake system (2-piston floating caliper entrance, single-piston floating rear with dimensions near full-size SX brakes—pads are interchangeable with full-sized SX) providing improved brake really feel and efficiency, together with extra constant brake pad put on.
• NEW bigger rear brake disc (220 as an alternative of 210mm) gives elevated braking efficiency.
• NEW rear brake grasp cylinder (situated on the handlebar) matches the design of the brand new entrance brake grasp cylinder
• Brushless electrical motor supplies 18 kW of peak energy (2 kW greater than the earlier era) and is managed by an clever management unit offering responsive, tractable energy supply.
• 260 V battery hosts 360 Lithium Ion cells organized in a strong die-cast aluminum casing and supplies 50% extra capability than earlier era.
• 3.9 kWh output gives as much as two hours of pure driving enjoyable (relying on driving type and terrain).
• Vitality recuperation throughout coasting and braking extends vary for elevated driving enjoyable.
• Intuitive multifunctional show situated between the steering head and seat gives simple choice between three totally different journey modes.
• Light-weight composite body design with a protracted steering head supplies optimum stability of the entrance finish for exact dealing with.
• The body combines high-quality chrome-molybdenum metal with cast aluminum components that present optimum stiffness in a lightweight, progressive bundle.
• CNC machined triple clamp with optimum clamping space for the forks for clean fork motion.
• Premium WP XPLOR suspension entrance and rear supplies excellent response and damping traits. The WP XPLOR 43 fork gives separate damping features for every leg and 250 mm of journey. The WP XPLOR shock with PDS and 260 mm of journey is absolutely adjustable.
Electrical motor: Everlasting magnet synchronous motor in a disc armature design
Rated output: 11 kW (15 hp) @ 5,500 rpm
Max. energy: 16 kW (22 hp) @ 4,500 rpm
Torque: 42 Nm from 0 rpm
Max. motor velocity: 6,600 rpm
Transmission: 1 gear
Main drive: 1 : 2.4
Remaining drive: 11:48
Cooling system: Liquid cooling
Battery: Lithium-ion KTM Energy Pack (simply detachable)
Rated voltage: 260 V
Max. voltage: 300 V
Capability: 2,600 Wh
Charging time 100%: 80 min
Charging time 80%: 50 min
Charger line voltage: 230 V / 50 Hz
Charging price: Fast charging 13 A, regular charging 10 A
Charging energy: Fast charging 3,000 W, regular charging 2,400 W
Body: Perimeter steel-aluminum composite body
Subframe: Excessive-strength polyamide/ABS plastic
Handlebars: Aluminum Ø 28/22 mm
Entrance suspension: WP USD Ø 43 mm
Rear suspension: WP PDS shock absorber
Suspension journey entrance/rear: 250/260 mm
Brake entrance/rear: System disc brakes Ø 260/230 mm
Wheels entrance/rear: 1.60 x 21”; 1.85 x 18” GIANT RIMS
Tires entrance/rear: 2.75-21“; 120/90-18“
Chain: 5/8 x 1/4″
Steering head angle: 23°
Wheelbase: 1418 ± 10 mm / 55.8 ± 0.4 in
Floor clearance: 340 mm / 13.4 in
Seat top: 910 mm / 35.8 in
Weight: 108 kg / 238.1 lbs
2021 KTM SX-E 5
2021 KTM SX-E 5 Highlights
• NEW WP XACT 35 mm air-sprung fork is ultra-lightweight and simply adjustable for various rider sizes and monitor situations and options thinner outer tubes to ship a 240 gram weight discount for agile, confidence-inspiring dealing with.
• Adjustable WP XACT rear suspension with PDS (Progressive Damping System) know-how has been reworked with new settings to match the efficiency of the WP XACT fork.
• Reworked triple clamps designed to accommodate the brand new fork diameter.
• State-of-the-art electrical motor with 5 kW peak efficiency that includes a particularly compact and slim design that’s nicely suited to the smaller chassis.
• Because of its mud and waterproof structure, the air-cooled motor is put on and maintenance-free.
• Battery with 84 fashionable Lithium-Ion cells in a strong die-cast aluminum casing, mounted simply above the motor, gives sufficient saved power for greater than two hours of driving for a newbie and 25 minutes for quicker riders, relying on driving situations.
• Adjustable seat top might be set at the usual 665 mm or it may be simply decreased 25 mm by adjusting the bodywork or one other 25 mm by decreasing the suspension place. A Suspension Reducing Equipment from the PowerParts line can decrease the seat top roughly 50 mm extra.
• Straightforward-to-use multifunctional instrument panel permits choice between 6 totally different journey modes to tailor the facility traits to any capacity degree.
• Fast-charging exterior worldwide charger supplying as much as 900 W might be linked to any 110 Volt socket and plugs instantly into the battery again.
• A lanyard connected between the rider’s wrist and the kill change stops the motor when eliminated, or within the occasion of an surprising fall by the rider.
• Trip modes might be locked by a magnetic key mounted beneath the seat to forestall younger riders from altering the chosen mode.
• Bodywork that mimics the full-size SX-F line that provides the SX-E 5 a slim profile for glorious ergonomics and dealing with.
• Entrance and rear hydraulic brakes by System mixed with light-weight WAVE discs are highly effective with suggestions that provides management for any ability degree.
• Tremendous light-weight, black anodized aluminum rims are matched to MAXXIS tires for optimum grip.
Electrical Motor: 48 V – BLDC Motor with Outer Rotor
Rated Output: 2 kW / 3,200 RPM
Max Energy: 5kW / 3,900 RPM
Torque: 13.8 Nm from 0 RPM
Max Motor Velocity: 6,000 RPM
Remaining Drive: 8:46
Cooling: Air Cooled
Battery: Lithium-Ion KTM
Capability: 907 Wh
Charging Time 100%: 70 minutes
Charging Time 80%: 45 minutes
Charging Energy: 900 W
Body: Double Grinded Central Double-Cradle-Sort Body
Subframe: Fiberglass-Bolstered Plastic
Handlebar: Tapered Aluminum Ø 28/22/18 mm
Entrance Suspension: WP XACT 35 USD Ø 35 mm
Rear Suspension: WP XACT PDS Monoshock
Suspension Journey Entrance/Rear: 205 mm / 8.07 in; 185 mm / 7.28 in
Entrance/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 160 mm / 160 mm
Entrance/Rear Rims: 1.50 x 12” / 1.60 x 10” Aluminum
Entrance/Rear Tires: 60/100 x 12” / 2.75 x 10”
Chain: 1/2 x 3/16 in
Steering Head Angle: 24º
Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
Wheelbase: 1,032 mm ± 10 mm / 40.6 ± 0.4 in
Floor Clearance: 235 mm / 9.2 in