Coventure gears up for annual enterprise funding pitch summit; digital viewing of Oct. 28 occasion out there
Right here comes the pitch! And, identical to most different issues lately, the third Mountain Pitch Summit sponsored by Carbondale’s Coventure might be digital, and is slated to be webcast reside subsequent month.
As with the primary two occasions, which had been held reside and in individual at totally different venues, six native corporations might be vying for capital funding to develop their enterprise goals.
“It’s sort of like Shark Tank, besides you’re rooting for the Roaring Fork Valley native companies we all know and love,” Coventure explains on its Fb page, referencing the favored TV actuality present the place entrepreneurs pitch their proposals for an opportunity at large bucks.
The occasion was postponed from the spring, when the Mountain Pitch Summit usually would have taken place — however for the COVID-19 pandemic that shut down most all the pieces apart from important companies and companies.
It was rescheduled for this week initially, however simply on Friday was postponed once more to Oct. 28.
Proposals have been pre-recorded and might be live-streamed by way of YouTube from midday to 1 p.m. Oct. 28, adopted by questions and a choice of this yr’s pitch winner.
The occasion is free to look at and take part in. Viewers can RSVP to obtain the occasion hyperlink, at Coventure’s website.
“We’ve been involved with our investor group, and I believe it’s going to be a extremely nice occasion,” stated Martha Heim, who’s accountable for investor relations and enterprise improvement for Coventure.
A Carbondale-based nonprofit group, Coventure serves as an area enterprise incubator by serving to to safe enterprise capital for start-ups and enterprise enlargement, and presents quite a lot of seminars/webinars aimed toward educating entrepreneurs.
The six corporations participating within the pitch occasion this yr embody:
• CampgroundBooking.com, co-founded by Heath Padgett and Paul Ryan, which gives a web-based reservation system for personal and public campgrounds and RV parks throughout the nation and in Canada.
• QuikRStuff, a brand new start-up enterprise based mostly in Grand Junction that makes bicycle racks and is the brainchild of entrepreneurs Bryan Wachs and JT Westcott.
• MountainFlow Eco Ski Wax, a Carbondale-based group of native ski lovers who producer pure ski wax merchandise and might be making their second pitch.
• The Beyul Group, which is planning to buy the Diamond J Ranch and switch it right into a wellness retreat.
• Gina Cucina do-it-yourself natural soups, owned by Gina D’Orazio Stryker, who additionally might be pitching for a second time.
The digital occasion might find yourself being extra interactive and fascinating with viewers than the reside occasion was, Heim stated. “It’s a good way to achieve a bigger viewers,” she stated.