Login/Registered Search
Home / blog / Mum ‘loses everything’ in e-bike related house fire
Return to [Mobile]

Mum ‘loses everything’ in e-bike related house fire

Views:1370 Classification:blog

Mum ‘loses the whole lot’ in e-bike associated home hearth

A mother-of-two has misplaced the whole lot in a home hearth believed to have began because of an issue with an electrical bike’s battery. 
Sabrina Duff was pressured to flee the blaze along with her 16-year-old son early on Thursday morning. Her five-year-old was staying along with his father on the time. 
The London Hearth Brigade was known as to the maisonette on Sutterton Avenue, Islington, simply earlier than 7am, with 25 firefighters wanted to place out the blaze, the Islington Gazette report.

A lot of the floor ground and among the first ground have been broken and the hearth brigade believes the hearth was brought on by ‘{an electrical} occasion inside a lithium-ion battery pack for an electrical bicycle’. 
Earlier this month members of London Hearth Brigade’s Hearth Investigation group warned of the potential risks transformed e-bikes, and alternative batteries, could cause.

> London fire investigators issue warning about replacement e-bike and e-scooter batteries after man was forced to leap from upstairs window due to blaze

Matt Cullen, Hearth Investigation Officer, stated: “Now we have seen that when these batteries and chargers fail, they achieve this with ferocity which may depart residents with few protected choices for escape.

“These bikes and scooters are sometimes saved and charged in escape routes in properties or communal areas so when a fireplace does happen, escape routes are blocked which instantly makes an already severe scenario far more scary for these concerned.

“Now we have seen folks pressured into leaping from home windows as they will’t get out of their entrance doorways because the bike or scooter which has caught hearth is in entrance of it.

“Even when the bikes or scooters aren’t in escape routes or communal areas, the fires are fierce sufficient that they pose a direct hazard to all occupants and we’re seeing a rise in these kind of fires.”

He defined that it was usually e-bike conversion kits that have been concerned within the fires.

He continued: “At a few of these incidents we now have seen a number of batteries and chargers for quite a lot of bikes in a single property, which has resulted within the mixing of various chargers and batteries.

“We all know that lithium-ion batteries are inclined to failure if incorrect chargers are used and this can be a contributing think about some instances.

“We additionally know many of those incidents contain batteries which have been sourced on the Web, which can not meet the right security requirements.”

In February, eight hearth engines and round 60 firefighters attended a blaze at a home in Acton which concerned an electrical bike battery.

In  April, there was one other vital hearth involving an e-bike in Walthamstow, when firefighters rescued three males from an outbuilding. 


您好!Please sign in

Click Cancel Reply


    frebike.com providing customers with the best electric bicycle, electric mountain bikes, electric fat bike, folding electric bicycle, electric city bicycle, and hot ebike parts,etc. We have a professional R&D team that we can customize electric bikes for you, and we provide VIP DIY service. Our best selling models are in stock and can be shipped quickly.


    Phone: +86 18928076376
    Whatsapp: +86 18928076376
    Skype: +86 18928076376
    Email: service@frebike.com
    Factory Address:No.1,Xingrong Road,Sanzao Town,Jinwan District,Zhuhai City,Guangdong,China.


    AccountAccount Classification Cart May Like足记





    May Like