Probably the worst stored secret in mountain biking, after months of hashtag hints and teasing, Specialised has lastly launched the 2021 Standing mountain bike.
Whereas Enduro racing has had the limelight in recent times there was a notable rise in non-competitive using and the return of freeriding. The brand new Standing, designed to maximise enjoyable on jumps and drops, comes outfitted with 160mm of journey, a mullet setup of 29er entrance and 27.5in rear-wheel, and a few fairly progressive geometry numbers.
Again from a five-year hiatus, Specialised has revived and up to date the Standing from its funds downhill bike format when final seen in 2015 right into a forgiving bike that caters for riders who’re extra about tearing up their native woods than racing towards the clock.
For the total lowdown on the brand new bike, head over to the total Specialized Status review from our sister web site Bike Excellent.
The brand new Standing is constructed from Specialised’s sturdy however inexpensive M5 Alloy and makes use of an FSR suspension system much like the Stumpjumper vary to actuate the 160mm of journey. Primarily based round a mullet wheelset, the 29in entrance wheel will provide higher rolling traits whereas the 27.5in rear-wheel imply that chainstays might be stored brief for higher agility on technical terrain. The Standing makes use of a typical threaded backside bracket for simpler house upkeep, sealed cartridge bearing pivots and 12x148mm dropouts.
Geometry is pretty radical and encompasses a 63.2-degree head angle, 17.5mm backside bracket drop, 462mm attain and 426mm chainstays within the center S3 dimension. Though climbing means was unlikely to be on the record of priorities the Standing has a 76-degree seat angle to assist put you in place to work your manner again to the highest of the path – aided properly by the 10-50 cassette on provide. The bike additionally a excessive geometry place, elevating the underside bracket and steepening the pinnacle angle barely.
Specialised is barely providing a single construct that appears to stability path functionality with an inexpensive value level. That includes suspension from Fox with a FLOAT 36 Rhythm fork and a Float DPX2 Efficiency RX Path tune shock. SRAM takes care of each acceleration and deacceleration with an NX Eagle 12sp drivetrain and Code R brakes paired with 200mm rotors.
Specialised handle the cockpit (40mm stem and 800mm handlebar) and supply the Roval Traverse wheelset and Butcher Grid 2.3″ tyres. An X-Fusion dropper put up raises and drops a Specialised Physique Geometry saddle by 150mm on the 2 smaller sizes and 170mm on the remainder.
Specialised is providing the Standing in its full S1 – S5 sizing and might be available for purchase from retailers right now. The Standing might be out there in two totally different colourways, satin maroon or satin charcoal, and is available in at simply £2,399.
If you’re on the lookout for a motorcycle to shred the paths on, head over to Bike Excellent for a full review of the new Specialized Status.
Tech specs: Specialised Standing 2021
- Fork: Fox Float 36 Rhythm, GRIP damper, two place Sweep adjustment, 15x110mm QR axle, 44mm offset, 160mm of journey
- Rear shock: Fox Float DPX2 Efficiency, Rx Path Tune, EVOL Air sleeve, 3-position adjustment, 230x60mm
- Stem: Alloy Path Stem, 35mm bar
- Handlebars: Specialised, 6061 alloy, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 30mm rise, 800mm width
- Brakes: SRAM Code R, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 200mm
- Derailleur: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- Shifter: SRAM NX Eagle, set off, 12-speed
- Cassette: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed, 11-50t
- Crankset: SRAM NX Eagle, DUB, 170mm
- Backside bracket: SRAM DUB, BSA 73mm, Threaded
- Wheels: Roval Traverse, 29 entrance, 27.5 rear, hookless alloy, 30mm inside width, tubeless prepared
- Entrance tyre: Butcher, GRID TRAIL casing, GRIPTON® compound, 29×2.3″
- Rear tyre: Butcher, GRID TRAIL casing, GRIPTON® compound, 27.5×2.3″
- Saddle: Physique Geometry Bridge Comp, hole Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- Seatpost: X-Fusion Manic, infinite adjustable, two-bolt head, backside mount cable routing, distant SRL LE lever, 34.9mm, S1-S2:150mm,