Voxan claims 11 information with the world’s quickest electrical bike
Whereas some pace information are going by way of a heated patch of controversy proper now, others seem like agreed upon. French producer Voxan and the worldwide sanctioning physique for bike racing, the FIM, have put out joint press releases asserting at least 11 new electrical bike pace information.
After COVID-19 compelled it to abandon a planned record attempt on the salt flats in Bolivia earlier this yr, Voxan went residence to France and employed out a runway as an alternative. Final weekend, the group went out to Châteauroux airfield, a number of hours south of Paris, and received the job completed in complete vogue.
Regardless of utilizing a scarily-short 3.5-km (2.17-mi) runway as an alternative of an expansive, easy salt flat, ex-MotoGP racer and the 362-horsepower (270 kW) Voxan Wattman managed to considerably elevate the bar for electrical land pace motorcycling.
The primary big-ticket document was a two-way common of 228.05 mph (366.94 km/h) for the “partially streamlined electrical bike over 300 kg (661 lb)” class, measured over a full mile (1.6 km) after a flying begin, beating the earlier document of 204 mph (329 km/h) set by the Mobitec EV-02A. The bike peaked at 254 mph (408 km/h) for simply an prompt through the document run, giving the group a style of what it’d be capable to obtain with an extended monitor.
The second was the identical flying mile utilizing a non-streamlined bare model of the bike with a tiny bikini fairing as an alternative of a large dustbin. This model of the bike may be seen within the hero picture on the high, revealing the Wattman’s single-sided entrance swingarm, presumably hub-steered. This bike managed a two-way common of 217.14 mph (349.38 km/h), reaching a peak pace of 231 mph (372 km/h) that may’ve felt completely loopy from the saddle.
The group chalked up 9 extra information over the weekend, together with:
- ¼ mile, flying begin, partially streamlined: 394.45 km/h (245.10 mph) – no earlier document
- ¼ mile, flying begin, non-streamlined: 357.19 km/h (221.95 mph) – no earlier document
- 1 km, flying begin, partially streamlined: 386.35 km/h (240.07 mph – earlier document: 329.31 km/h (204.62 mph)
- ¼ mile, standing begin, non-streamlined: 126.20 km/h (78.42 mph) – no earlier document
- ¼ mile, standing begin, partially streamlined: 127.30 km/h (79.10 mph) – earlier document: 87.16 km/h (54.16 mph)
- 1 km, standing begin, non-streamlined: 185.56 km/h (115.30 mph) – no earlier document
- 1 km, standing begin, partially streamlined: 191.84 km/h (119.20 mph) – earlier document: 122.48 km/h (76.11 mph)
- 1 mile, standing begin, non-streamlined: 222.82 km/h (138.45 mph) – no earlier document
- 1 mile, standing begin, partially streamlined: 225.01 km/h (139.81 mph)
Whereas the group is proud of its efficiency, the plan is to go quicker, and Voxan now has the 400 km/h and 250 mph marks in its sights with additional makes an attempt deliberate up till the top of 2022.