What’s new for followers of electrical scooters in Kazan — RealnoeVremya.com
Kazan authorities are critically involved about the issue of accelerating the variety of accidents resulting from electrical scooters. The mayor of Kazan, Ilsur Metshin, at a gathering with representatives of the site visitors police, ministry of healthcare, prosecutor’s workplace, and electrical scooter rental providers, instructed to develop guidelines for utilizing this now extremely popular transport as quickly as doable.
As we speak in Kazan, there are greater than 2,000 rental scooters, which have already been used greater than 700,000 occasions.
“Pedestrians not really feel protected. Not solely Kazan, but in addition different cities have confronted this downside. We’re right here to unravel these issues, we will not simply sit again and do nothing. On the similar time, we perceive that this problem can’t be solved by bans,” Ilsur Metshin stated.
As a result of accidents after falling from electrical scooters, 915 folks have turned to medical establishments, together with 63 folks over the previous week. The variety of accidents involving electrical scooters has now reached six, 4 of which occurred in Kazan. One particular person was killed and 6 have been injured, together with 4 kids aged between 11 and 15.
On the assembly, quite a lot of measures geared toward controlling the operation of electrical scooter rental providers have been proposed:
- making a listing of parking areas for scooters. The Division of Structure and City Planning permitted solely 500 of the 1,200 parking areas requested by the sharing corporations. Then the locations will likely be drawn in a contest. All this may take about two months;
- consideration of the potential of creating an digital map with the designation of locations the place using on electrical scooters is allowed, in addition to areas the place they are going to be robotically minimize. We’re speaking about pedestrian crossings and roadways;
- alternative of present street indicators 4.4.1 “Bicycle path or lane” with the signal 4.5.5. “Pedestrian and bicycle paths with site visitors separation”;
- suggestion to rental providers to permit kids from 16 years outdated to drive scooters and to ban the motion of customers weighing lower than 30 kg;
- proposal to cut back the variety of scooters that may be rented per account to at least one;
- proposal to ban site visitors from 11 p.m. to 9 a.m. on highways, in addition to to cut back the utmost pace to fifteen km/h at regulated intersections;
- growth of consumer driving high quality index, which is able to permit to dam the accounts of violators.
What has already been accomplished:
- parking margin has been decreased from 40 metres to fifteen metres. On the similar time, the pinnacle of the Site visitors Police Division of the Ministry of Inside Affairs of the Republic of Tatarstan, Lenar Gabdurakhmanov, confused that the organisation of the work of automotive rental corporations in parking tons requires enchancment. For instance, the customers of electrical scooters proceed to depart their units at a fantastic distance from the designated parking zone.
- pace restrict zones have been launched within the metropolis — in several sections, the pace of the scooter is robotically decreased to twenty, 15 and 10 km/h. There are 70 such zones within the metropolis thus far, in addition to 13 no-traffic zones.
The representatives of electrical scooter rental providers supported the proposals and stated that every one technical developments could be carried out in a short while.
Final Saturday, the president of Tatarstan, Rustam Minnikhanov, at a Saturday assembly, instructed to develop guidelines for the usage of electrical scooters within the republic in every week. On the similar time, the Kazan Kremlin believes that it’s vital to find out the principles for electrical scooters on the federal degree.
By Daria Pinegina