The place Mt. Juliet sidewalk, greenway and bike tasks stand
The Mt. Juliet Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee has labored with the town to lift greater than $9.2 million in grants for pedestrian and bicycle associated tasks both ongoing or lately accomplished.
The BPAC’s seventh annual group Stroll, Run and Roll occasion will probably be held nearly this 12 months beginning Saturday due to COVID-19 as the town has continued to maneuver ahead on 9 tasks.
Initiatives lately accomplished or are underneath building (approximate grant awards in parentheses) embody:
- Belinda Parkway Pedestrian Connector: Six-foot-wide sidewalks alongside the south facet of Belinda Parkway from Windfall Path to Sgt. Jerry Mundy Memorial Park. Work was accomplished earlier this summer time ($1.38 million).
- City Middle Path Section 2: Path alongside West Division and the railroad tracks from 4th Avenue to South Greenhill Street is scheduled for completion in September ($2.4 million).
- Elzie D. Patton Elementary sidewalk: A sidewalk alongside Woodridge Place connects the Woodridge Place subdivision to Elzie D. Patton Elementary Faculty is now completed ($335,000).
- Woodridge Place Sidewalks, Section 1: Sidewalks alongside the north facet of Woodridge Place Woodridge Place from Mt. Juliet Street to Elzie D. Patton Elementary is completed ($347,000).
- Lebanon Street sidewalks: Section 1 is underway to construct sidewalks on either side of Lebanon Street. Work is ongoing on the north facet of Lebanon Street ($943,000). Section 2 will embody sidewalks on either side of Lebanon Street from Mt. Juliet Street to Park Glen. A sidewalk on one facet of Park Glen Drive to hook up with the prevailing sidewalk within the Park Glen subdivision can also be a part of Section 2 and anticipated to start out building within the spring and ending within the fall of 2021 ($1 million) … Section 3 will place 6-foot-wide sidewalks on either side of Lebanon Street from the brand new Inexperienced Hill Excessive to Nonaville Street and is deliberate to start out within the fall of 2022 and end within the spring of 2023 ($943,000).
- Cedar Creek Greenway, Section 1: Greenway path alongside Cedar Creek from Charlie Daniels Park to Golden Bear Gateway close to Mt. Juliet Excessive is projected to start out work this fall and end within the fall of 2021 ($1 million).
- Bike lanes and sidewalks on I-40 bridge: To complement a state widening mission on Mt. Juliet Street over Interstate 40 with work scheduled to start within the fall ($812,000).
The BPAC additionally introduced a $2,500 Wholesome Center Tennessee grant to assist implement a StoryWalk alongside the strolling path in Charlie Daniels Park that may function a youngsters’s e book at studying stations alongside the strolling path to advertise bodily exercise and studying.
Mt. Juliet’s BPAC can also be a recipient of the Hill Problem Grant Fund that awarded $3,500 for help of future greenway improvement.
The BPAC shaped underneath Metropolis Commissioner Artwork Giles who now chairs the group.
“We’re enhancing situations for walkers, runners and cyclists in Mt. Juliet and having a optimistic impression on how (potential) companies and residents view our group” said BPAC member Steve Armstrong.
Annual Neighborhood Stroll, Run & Roll
The seventh 12 months for the BPAC’s annual occasion will probably be held nearly beginning Saturday and provides members three weeks to finish a 5K by strolling or working or a doing a 5-mile bike experience.
Individuals who full one of many occasions by Oct. 10, can put up their title and picture to the BPAC’s Fb web page at facebook.com/MtjulietBPAC. The web page additionally has extra info.
The primary 15 members 12 and underneath will obtain a free bicycle helmet from the Veloteers Bicycle Membership.
Attain Andy Humbles at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-726-5939 and on Twitter @ AndyHumbles.